Cook time30 minutes
- 1 cup of Unsalted Butter, at room temperature
- 2 Cup of all Purpose Flour
- 1 Egg
- 1 cup of Granulated Sugar
- ½ tsp of Salt
- 1 tsp of Baking Soda
- 1 tsp of Vanilla Extract
- Zest of ½ of an orange
- ½ to 2/3 cup Strawberry Jam, seedless
1) Preheat the oven to 375 degrees, line a 9x9 inch baking pan with parchment paper and spray it lightly with non stick spray, set aside.
2) In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar, add the egg, vanilla and orange zest and mix in until combined.
3) Add the flour, salt and baking soda and mix it all together until a dough forms.
4) Press 2/3 of the batter into your prepared pan, smear the jam all over, then crumble over the remaining dough.
5) Bake for about 30 minutes or until golden brown.
6) Allow to cool completely before cutting into bars.