Cook time minutes
- ½ cup plus 2 Tbsp of Unsalted Butter, at room temperature
- ¾ cup of Sugar
- 1 ½ cups of Flour
- ½ cup of Milk
- ½ tsp of Vanilla Extract
- Zest of 1 small Orange
- ¼ tsp of Salt
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 4 Eggs
- Fresh Strawberries, halved
- ½ Cup of Heavy Cream
- ¾ of a Cup of Strawberry Preserves
- Juice of half of an Orange
1) Preheat your oven to 350 degrees, spray a 9 inch cake pan with non stick cooking spray and lay the bottom with parchment paper and set aside.
2) In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside
3) In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together the butter and sugar making sure to scrape the side of the bowl with a spatula to make sure everything is incorporated.
4) Add the eggs, orange zest and vanilla and mix until well combined.
5) With the speed on low, add half of the dry ingredients and half of the milk, mix until combined and add the remaining milk and dry ingredients and mix until just combined but don’t over mix.
6) With a spatula scrape the bowl from the bottom up to make sure there are no ingredients left behind. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until when a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
7) In a small bowl mix together the strawberry preserves and orange juice. Set aside.
8) Cool the cake completely, about 2 hours and whip the heavy cream until stiff peaks form.
9) When the cake is completely cooled, cut in half and spread the strawberry preserves mixture all over it leaving a 1 inch boarder. Arrange the strawberries all over the top and top it with the whipped cream and place the top cake over the cream.
Slice and serve!
Report a problem