Cook time30 minutes
For the pie crust:
- 1-1/4 cup of All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup of Unsalted Butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 tsp of Salt
- 4 to 6 Tbsp of Ice WaterFor the strawberry pie filling:
- 5 cups (about 2 pounds) of Strawberries cut in half
- 3 Tbsp of Cornstarch
- 1 cup of Water
- 1/2 cup of Granulated Sugar
- 1 3oz Pk of Strawberry GelatinFor the cream:
- 8 oz of Mascarpone, softened to room temperature
- 1/4 cup of Granulated Sugar
- 1 tsp of Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp of Lemon Zest
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
1) To make the pie crust add the flour, salt and butter into a food processor and pulse about 10 times or until the butter is well distributed, then while pulsing slowly add the ice water until the dough comes together when pinched between your fingers.
2) Shape the dough into a disk, wrap it in some plastic wrap and pop it in the fridge for an hour.
3) Preheat your oven to 375 degrees and grease a 9 inch pie plate.
4) Roll out the dough into about a 12 inch circle, place it in the prepared pie plate, trim the extra dough, crimp the edges and pierce the base and sides of the crust with a fork. Place a piece of aluminum foil over the crust and fill with dried beans (this is called blind baking).
5) Bake the crust for 15 minutes, remove the foil and beans and continue baking for an additional 15 to 20 minutes or until golden, allow to cool completely.
6) To make the filling add the water, sugar and cornstarch into a large saucepan, bring to a boil and cook stirring the whole time for about 2 minutes or until the mixture is no longer cloudy looking, remove from the heat, add the jello and stir for about a minute.
7) Add the strawberries to the “sauce” stir to coat well and then pour the filling in the cooled pie crust, pop it in the fridge for a minimum of 4 hours or overnight.
To make the cream:
8) In a bowl using a handheld electric whisk, whisk the cream to stiff peaks, set aside.
9) In a separate bowl, using the same whisk, whisk together the mascarpone, lemon zest, vanilla and sugar for a few minutes, then fold the whipped cream into the mascarpone and serve with the pie!
Report a problem