Cook time45 minutes
ServingsServes 8 to 10
For the cake:
- 1/2 cup of Unsalted Butter, softened at room temperature
- 3/4 cup of Granulated Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup of Whole Milk
- 1/4 cup of Sour Cream
- 1 Tbsp of Vanilla Extract
- 1-3/4 cup of All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp of Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp of Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp of Salt
- 2 cups of Diced Strawberries
- 1/4 cup of Brown Sugar
- 1-1/2 Tbsp of All Purpose Flour
- 2 Tbsp of Cold Butter, cut into small pieces
- 2 Tbsp of Pearled Sugar
1) Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Line the bottom of a spring form pan with some parchment paper then spray with some non-stick spray and set aside.
2) In a large bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt, set aside.
3) In a separate bowl, toss the strawberries with about 1/4 cup of the dry ingredient mixture and set that aside as well.
4) In the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together the butter and sugar until fluffy, then add the eggs and vanilla and continue to mix for a couple minutes or until well combined.
5) Add the milk and sour cream, mix for just a few seconds then add the dry ingredients, mix long enough to combine and at the last minute, add in the strawberry mixture and mix until they are evenly dispersed.
6) Add the batter to your prepared pan and set aside.
7) In a small bowl using a pastry cutter, mix together the brown sugar, flour and butter, sprinkle this mixture evenly on the cake followed by the pearled sugar.
8) Bake the cake for about 45 minutes or until fully cooked through, then allow to cool completely before serving.
9) Serve with a generous dollop of whipped cream and dig in!
Report a problem