Cook time40 minutes
For the cake batter:
- 1-3/4 cups of All Purpose Flour
- 1-1/2 tsp of Baking Powder
- 1/2 cup of Good White Chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 tsp of Salt
- 1/2 cup of Butter, softened at room temperature
- 1/3 cup of Granulated Sugar
- 5 Eggs, separated
- 1 cup of Whole Milk
- 1 tsp of Vanilla Extract
- 1-1/2 cups of Chopped Strawberries
- ¼ cup of Whole Milk
- 1-14 oz can of Sweetened condensed milk
- 1- 12oz can of Evaporated Milk
- 1 ¼ cup of Heavy Cream plus 4 Tbsp of Powdered Sugar whipped to stiff peaks
1) Preheat your oven to 350 degrees, spray a 9x13” baking pan with some non-stick spray and set aside.
2) In the bowl of a standing mixer, fitted with a whisk attachment, whip the egg whites until they develop stiff peaks, remove to a different bowl, switch to a paddle attachment and in the same bowl, add the sugar and butter and cream them together for about a minute.
3) Add the egg yolks along with the vanilla, mix for about a minute then add the milk (don’t worry if it looks split) followed by the dry ingredients, chocolate and strawberries, just mix long enough to fold them in the wet mixture and slowly (by hand) fold in the egg whites until the batter comes together.
4) Smear the batter evenly in your prepared pan, then pop it in the oven for about 30 minutes or until full cooked through then let it cool for 15 minutes.
5) While the cake cools, mix together the 3 different kinds of milk in a large measuring cup and set aside.
6) After the cake has cooled for 15 minutes, stab it all over with a fork, then slowly pour the milk mixture all over, then pop it in the fridge to cool completely. Serve with the sweetened whipped cream and dig in!
Report a problem