Cook time15 minutes
ServingsServes 8 to 10
- 50 Top Neck Clams, purged well
- 2 1/2 cups of Fresh Breadcrumbs
- 2 Shallots, minced
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup of Dry White Wine
- 2 Tbsp of Chopped Parsley
- 2oz of Prosciutto, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup of Shredded Mozzarella (chopped some more by hand to make sure its in fine pieces)
- 1/4 cup of Freshly Grated Parm
1) Preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
2) In a large pot, add about a cup of water, add the clams, bring to a boil, cover and let steam until they open (discard any that didn't open) then separate the clams from the broth, strain the broth through a sieve lined with a couple of coffee filters (don't add the very bottom since sand tends to collect at the bottom of the pot) set aside.
3) In a small skillet, add the olive oil along with the garlic, shallots and half the parsley, saute until tender, then add the wine, reduce by half and remove from the heat, let this mixture cool a bit, meanwhile, prepare the clams.
4) Line a large baking sheet (or two) with foil, remove one half of the shell and loosen the clam meat from the shell before placing it back on the half shell (watch video to see what I mean) line them up on the prepared baking sheet and drizzle some of the clam broth over each one and set aside.
5) In a large bowl, add the breadcrumbs, prosciutto, mozz, parm, rest of the parsley and the cooled shallot and wine mixture, then add enough clam broth to make the mixture moist and hold together, top each clam with the mixture, then drizzle some olive oil over the top and bake for 10 minutes.
6) Serve hot with fresh lemon wedges!
Report a problem