Cook time1 hours 15 minutes
ServingsServes 6 to 8
- 2 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 lb of Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 2 tsp of Chicken Bouillon Powder
- 1 tsp of Paprika
- Pinch of Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 2 Stalks of Celery, minced
- 1 Bell Pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 3 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp of Unsalted Butter
- 1/4 cup of All Purpose Flour
- 10 cups of Chicken Stock
- 2 Russet Potatoes, peeled and diced
- 4 Ears of Sweet Corn, kernels removed
- 1 Jalapeno, pierced with a knife but not chopped (unless you want lots of heat)
- 1 Bay Leaf, fresh or dry
- 1 cup of Heavy Cream
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp of Chopped Chives
- 1/4 cup of Fresh Chopped Parsley
- 6 Strips of Bacon, chopped
1) In a large Dutch oven, add about a tablespoon of oil and allow to get nice and hot. Meanwhile, season the chicken with some salt, pepper, paprika and chicken bouillon powder, add to the hot pan and sear for a couple minutes on each side.
2) Once the chicken has developed some color, remove to a plate, add the remaining oil to the pot along with the onion, pepper and celery along with a pinch of salt and cook on medium heat for 5-7 minutes or until they begin to soften and brown, then add the garlic and cook for 1 more minute.
3) Add the butter to the veggies, allow to melt then stir in the flour and keep stirring for a minute, then add the chicken stock along with the seared chicken (along with any juices collected on the plate) potatoes, corn kernels and jalapeno, bring to a boil and simmer for about 45 minutes. Meanwhile, cook the bacon in a small skillet until crispy, remove to a plate with a slotted spoon and set aside.
4) After 45 minutes, remove the chicken, let it cool down slightly, meanwhile, add the cream and cooked bacon to the soup, let it continue to simmer then shred the chicken, add it to the soup, let it finish simmering for a bit, season to taste with salt and pepper and once finished, stir in the chives and parsley and dig in!
Report a problem