Cook time30 minutes
ServingsServes 4 to 6
- 1 lb of Italian Sausage, casing removed
- 1 Small Yellow Onion, minced
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp of Chopped Parsley
- About 12 Large White Button Mushrooms, stems removed and finely chopped and remove the gills from inside the mushroom cap
- 1 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 4oz of Cream Cheese
- About ĺ cup of Shredded 4 Cheese Italian Blend
- Salt, to taste
1) Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
2) In a large cast iron skillet, cook the sausage on medium-high heat (while constantly breaking it up with a wooden spoon) until itís mostly cooked through, then add the diced mushroom stems and onion along with a pinch of salt and continue to cook until they soften a bit.
3) Add the garlic and parsley, cook for 1 more minute. Transfer the mixture to a large bowl along with the cream cheese and stir everything together well.
4) Stuff each mushroom and place it back in the cast iron skillet, then top with the cheese and pop them in the oven for about 15 to 20 minutes. Serve warm!
Report a problem