Preparation2 hours 45 minutes
Cook time50 minutes
ServingsServes 6 to 8
For the Dough:
- 3 1/2 cups of All Purpose Flour
- 2 1/4 tsp of yeast
- 2 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Sugar
- 2 Tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 1/3 cups of Warm Water, 110 degreesFor the filling:
- 1 cup of Diced Pepperoni
- 1/2 cup of Diced Bell Peppers
- 1/2 cup of Sliced Black Olives
- 1/2 cup of Diced Red Onion
- 2 cups of Shredded Mozzarella
- 1 tsp of Dried Oregano
- Pinch of Hot Pepper Flakes
1) In a small bowl, add the water, sprinkle in 1 tsp of sugar and the yeast, set aside for a few minutes so the yeast can bloom.
2) In a large bowl, add the flour, remaining sugar, salt, oil and yeast mixture. Mix with your hands or a wooden spoon just long enough for the dough to come together, the dough will not be smooth but thatís okay.
3) Add in the pepperoni, bell peppers, onions, olives, oregano and hot pepper flakes and mix them in just to combine. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap, allow it to rise on the counter for 1 hour, then transfer the dough to the fridge and allow it to rise for another hour.
4) Take the dough out of the fridge, take it out of the bowl and place it on a lightly floured surface, deflate the dough and roll it out to a 11x15Ē rectangle.
5) Sprinkle the mozzarella evenly over the surface, fold the rectangle like an envelope making sure to pinch the sides together so they stay closed.
6) Place the loaf on a piece of parchment paper and place that on a pizza peel, cover it loosely with a lint free kitchen towel and allow it to rise for about 45 minutes.
7) Preheat the oven to 425 degrees, and if you have a pizza stone, preheat it as the oven comes to temperature (if you donít have a pizza stone, place a baking sheet in the oven upside down and use it as a pizza stone) brush the top of the loaf with some olive oil, then slide the loaf with the parchment paper directly on the pizza stone and bake for about 45 minutes or until deeply golden brown. You might have to cover it loosely with some aluminum foil halfway through to prevent it from burning so have a piece ready.
8) Allow the loaf to cool on a wire rack then slice and serve with some marinara sauce.