Cook time10 minutes
- 6oz of Spelt Spaghetti or you can use whole wheat or regular
- 3 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp of Pine Nuts or Chopped Walnuts
- 3 Tbsp of Golden or Dark Raisins
- 3 Tbsp of Pitted and Chopped Kalamata Olives
- 1 Tbsp of Capers, drained
- 2 Fresh Tomatoes, diced
- 2 Tbsp of Fresh Basil
- 1 Tbsp of Fresh Parsley
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- Fresh Parmiggiano, to serve
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2) Fill a large pot with water, add in a generous pinch of salt and bring to a boil. Add the pasta and cook it according to package instructions.
3)Place the nuts in a baking sheet and bake them for about 10 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
4) In a small skillet, add the garlic and oil and allow them to cook for a few minutes over medium heat, add the tomatoes, olives, capers and raisins, let the mixture cook for about 5 to 6 minutes, season to taste lightly with salt and pepper, add the herbs and turn the heat off.
5) Drain your pasta well and place it back in the hot pot. Add your sauce along with a good generous sprinkle of parmiggiano reggiano, toss together well top the pasta with the toasted pine nuts and serve right away!
Report a problem