Cook time10 minutes
ServingsServes 4-6 (Or more as an Appetizer)
- 4 Large Tortillas
- 1 Large Sweet Potato, peeled, cut into ½” cubes and boiled for 5 minutes. Drain and allow it to cool
- 4oz of Spanish Chorizo, sliced into half moon pieces
- 1 Small Yellow Onion, diced
- 1 Tbsp of Vegetable Oil
- 2 tsp of Chili Powder
- 1 tsp of Ground Cumin
- About 1 cup or so of Shredded Gouda
- ¼ cup of Fresh Chopped Cilantro
- Salt and Pepper, to tasteFor the Lime Sour Cream:
- ½ cup of Sour Cream
- Juice and Zest of ½ of a Lime
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Mix all the ingredients together and keep it cold in the fridge until you’re ready to serve it!
1) Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat, add the onion and chorizo and cook those until the chorizo releases a bit of it’s fat and the onion cooks down, about 5 minutes.
2) Add the sweet potato, season with a little salt, pepper, chili powder and cumin, stir everything gently and make sure the sweet potato mixture is in one single layer. Cook the mixture for about 8 to 10 minutes or until the potatoes develop some good color and are fully cooked.
3) Add the cilantro, stir it in and remove the mixture to a plate to cool down and wipe down the skillet with a piece of paper towel.
4) To assemble your quesadillas, lightly oil one side of the tortilla, working on one half of the tortilla, add a little cheese, top it with some of your filling and top that with a tiny bit more cheese. Fold them over to close them up and cook them in the same skillet over medium heat for a couple minutes on each side or until golden brown on both sides and the cheese is fully melted.
5) Serve these along some Lime Sour Cream and enjoy!
Report a problem