Cook time20 minutes
- 4 Zucchini
- 1lb of Ground Chicken, beef or turkey
- 1 Small Yellow Onion, diced
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, diced
- 3 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 2 tsp of Chili Powder
- 1 tsp of Ground Cumin
- 1/2 tsp of Oregano
- 1/2 cup of Prepared Salsa
- 1/2 cup of water
- Salt to taste
1) Preheat the oven to 400 degrees, cut the zucchini in half lengthwise and scoop out most of the flesh, drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with a little salt and pepper and pop them in the oven for about 10 minutes.
2) In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil allow it to get nice and hot and then add the ground chicken, break it up as much as you can with a wooden spoon and cook until itís developed some color.
3) Add the remaining tablespoon of oil, reduce the heat to medium, add the onions, garlic and pepper and cook for about 4 to 5 minutes or until the veggies have softened.
4) Add the spices, stir them in for about 30 seconds and then add the water and salsa and cook on low until the zucchini boats are done cooking.
5) Fill the zucchini with the chicken and top it as desired!