Cook time1 hours 0 minutes
- 1 lb of Lean Ground Beef
- 1 Yellow Onion, finely Chopped
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp Salt Free Steak Seasoning
- 2 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp of Flour
- 1-3/4 cups of Beef Stock
- 2 tsp of Worcestershire Sauce
- 4 oz of Cream Cheese or sour cream
- 1 Cup of frozen (thawed) or Canned Corn (drained)
- 2/3 Cup of Shredded Cheddar
- 1/2 bag of Frozen Tater Tots
- Pinch of dry chives or onion powder
1) Preheat your oven to 375 degrees, butter a casserole dish (about a 9x9 inch) and set aside.
2) In a large skillet with high sides, add the olive oil, preheat it over medium high heat (right between medium and medium high) add the beef, onion garlic, salt and pepper and saute until the onion has softened and the beef is cooked (if your beef renders a lot of fat, discard most of it) then stir in the flour, keep stirring until well incorporated, then add the beef stock, Worcestershire sauce and steak seasoning, bring to a boil, reduce the heat to medium low and let it simmer for about 10 minutes.
3) Stir in the corn and cream cheese until the cream cheese melts, then pour mixture in your prepared pan, sprinkle with the cheese, top with the tots followed by your dried chives, bake for 45 minutes then allow it to rest for a few minutes before serving.
Report a problem