Cook time30 minutes
- 1 Medium Yellow or Red Onion, chopped
- 4 cups of Cubed Butternut Squash, peeled and diced
- 3 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- 1 14oz can of Diced Tomatoes
- 1 14oz can of Chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 6 cups of Vegetable Stock
- 2 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp of Ground Cumin
- 1/2 tsp of Paprika
- 1 tsp of Dried Oregano
- 1 tsp of Chili Powder
- 1 tsp of Granulated Garlic
- 1 cup of Quinoa
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
1) In a heavy duty large pot, add the olive oil, preheat it over medium heat, add the butternut squash, onions and garlic along with a small pinch of salt and pepper and saute for about 7 to 8 minutes or until they begin to soften and develop some color.
2) Add the stock, tomatoes, spices, and chickpeas, bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium and simmer for 10 minutes.
3) Rinse the quinoa well in a small sieve with cold running water, after the 10 minutes, add the quinoa to the stew and cook everything together for 15 minutes.
4) Adjust the seasoning to taste and serve right away!
NOTE: As the stew sits it will thicken. When you want to reheat it, add a bit more stock to reach your desired consistency.
Report a problem