Cook time15 minutes
- 1lb of Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast, very thinly sliced (or boneless skinless thighs, they are even better)
- 2 Tbsp of Neutral Oil (I use avocado oil)
- 4 Cloves of Garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 Chilies, I use Fresno chilies, thinly sliced
- 4 Scallions, whites cut into 2” pieces and sliced lengths
- 6 Tbsp of Water
- 2 Tbsp of Oyster Sauce
- 2 Tbsp of Soy Sauce
- 1-1/2 Tbsp of Granulated Sugar
- 3 tsp of Fish Sauce
- Handful of Thai Basil
- Greens of the Scallions, thinly sliced
1) In a small bowl, whisk together all the ingredients for the sauce and set aside.
2) In a very large skillet (preferably a wok) add the oil, preheat it over high heat for a few minutes to get it as hot as possible, then add the chicken, scatter it into a single layer, cook untouched for 2 minutes or until it's about half way cooked, then stir, cook for 1 more minute (you don't want any of the chicken to simmer, if your pan isn't big enough, sear the chicken in 2 batches) then garlic, chili and scallions and cook one more minute.
3) Add the sauce, cook until it thickens, add the basil, remove from the heat, stir until the basil wilts then serve right away over rice.
Report a problem