Cook time50 minutes
- 1 Can of Whole Coconut Milk
- 1 can of Light Coconut Milk
- 1 Tbsp of Red Thai Curry Paste
- 2 Tbsp of Vegetable Oil
- 1 Small Onion, thinly Sliced
- 1 Tbsp of Chopped Ginger
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- 3 inch Piece of Lemongrass, bruised
- Juice and Zest of 1 Lime
- 1 cup of Sugar Snap Peas
- About 2 cups of Roughly Torn Bok Choi
- 2 Cups of Water or Chicken Stock
- 1 Tbsp of Fish Sauce
- 1lb of Shelled and Deveined Shrimp
- 8 oz of Cooked Rice Noodles or any noodle of your choice
- Chopped Scallions, for serving
- Chopped Cilantro, For serving
1) Add the oil to a large pot preheated over medium heat, add the onion, garlic and ginger and saute for about 4 to 5 minutes, stir in the curry paste for about 20 seconds.
2) Add the coconut milk, stock or water, lemongrass, fish sauce and lime zest and juice, bring mixture to a boil, lower the heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
3) Add the shrimp, bok choy and sugar snap peas and simmer for an additional 5 minutes, taste for seasoning you can add a bit more fish sauce if you feel like you need a bit more salt or you can just a pinch of salt.
4) Stir in some of the cilantro, then serve over rice noodles and top with scallions and a bit more cilantro.