Cook time20 minutes
For the muffins:
- 2 cups of All Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp of Baking Powder
- 1 tsp of Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp of Salt
- 1 cup of Granulated Sugar
- 1/3 cup of Vegetable Oil
- 2 Eggs
- 1-1/4 cup of Fresh Blueberries
- 3/4 cup of ButtermilkFor the topping:
- 2/3 cup of Granulated Sugar
- 1/3 cup of All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup of Butter, cold, cut into small pieces
- 1/4 tsp of Cinnamon
1) Preheat your oven to 400 degrees, line a muffin pan with liners and set aside.
2) In a medium size bowl, mix together the first 4 ingredients, then add about 1/4 of the dry mixture into a bowl with the blueberries, toss them around until coated and set that aside as well.
3) In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and sugar until thick and pale, add the oil and vanilla, mix until incorporated ,then add the dry ingredients and buttermilk, once again, mix until incorporated and then finally, fold in the blueberries.
4) Using a large ice cream scoop, fill your muffin tin, (fill almost to the top if you want big muffins or make them smaller and get about 16 out of the mixture) set aside while you work on the topping.
5) In a small bowl, add all the ingredients for the topping, use a pastry cutter or a fork to incorporate the butter, then add a generous bit of this onto each muffin.
6) Bake for about 20 to 25 minutes or until fully cooked through, allow to cool and serve.