Cook time25 minutes
ServingsMakes about 16 servings
- 5-1/4 cups of All Purpose Flour
- 1-1/2 Tbsp of Salt (I use coarse kosher salt, if using fine salt use 1 tbsp)
- 2 Tbsp of Granulated Sugar
- 1 Tbsp of Instant Yeast
- 2 cups of Warm Water,
- 1/2 cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil, separated
- Thinly sliced Garlic
- Pinch of Rosemary
- Sea Salt
1) In the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with a dough hook, add the flour, sugar, salt, yeast, water and 1/4 cup of the oil, knead for about 3 to 5 minutes or until the dough begins to come together.
2) Place the dough in a lightly oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap and allow to rise for at least 2 hours or until more than doubled in size.
3) Once well risen, add the remaining olive oil to a 9x13 baking dish, deflate the dough and press in the oiled pan (oil the top side as well) then cover and allow to rise until doubled, about an hour.
4) Press the dough with your fingers (oil your fingertips to keep from sticking) this will deflate it a bit but that's ok, then add the garlic, rosemary and salt, lightly cover with a lint free towel and allow to rise until doubled once more, about an hour.
5) Preheat your oven to 425 degrees, bake the focaccia for about 20-25 minutes or until its a deeply golden brown color, allow to cool a bit before slicing and serving.
Report a problem