Cook time20 minutes
For the Shrimp and Poaching Liquid:
- 2 lb of Medium Shrimp (or large, up to you) shelled, deveined with the tail left on
- 1 Lemon, halved
- Small Handful of Parsley
- 1 Tbsp of Peppercorns
- Splash of Dry White Wine
- 1 Head of Garlic, slice in half horizontally
- 3/4 cup of Ketchup
- 2 Tbsp of Lemon Juice
- 1-2 Tbsp of Prepared Mustard
- Few Dashes of Worcestershire Sauce
- 1-2 Cloves of Garlic, minced or grated
1) Fill a pot about 3/4 of the way with some water, add the lemon (squeeze both halves and add them in as well) peppercorns, salt, parsley, garlic and wine, bring to a boil simmer about 20 minutes, then remove flavorings with a kitchen spider, then add the shrimp, cook them just long enough for them to turn pink and feel firm, should take no more than a minute and a half.
2) Remove the shrimp to a parchment paper lined baking sheet in a single layer to cool and move onto the sauce.
3) In a small bowl, stir together the ingredients for the sauce, taste and adjust to preference, then sore both the sauce and the shrimp in the fridge for at least an hour before serving.
Report a problem