Cook time30 minutes
- 3 Tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 Cloves of Garlic, thinly sliced
- 4 Anchovies, oil packed are my preference
- Pinch of Hot Pepper Flakes
- 28 oz of San Marzano Plum Tomatoes, crushed by hand
- 1/2 cup of Pitted Kalamata or Gaeta Olives, halved
- 3 Tbsp of Capers
- Fresh Basil
- Salt to taste
- 12 ounces of Spaghetti
- Parmiggiano or Pecorino to serve
1) Fill a large pot of water, add a generous pinch of salt and bring to a boil.
2) In a large skillet or shallow Dutch oven , add the oil, garlic, anchovies and hot pepper flakes and over medium low heat, saute until the anchovies melt into the oil, then add the tomatoes along with a good pinch of salt, saute over medium heat for 15 minutes, by that point, the water should be up to a boil.
3) Add the pasta to the boiling water, then add the capers, olives and some basil to the sauce, increase the heat between medium and medium high and cook for the same time as the pasta is cooking.
4) Once the pasta is al dente, drain and add it to the sauce, mix and cook all together for a minute then serve with freshly grated parm.
Report a problem