Cook time minutes
- 3 Tbsp of Instant Espresso Powder
- 1/3 cup of Vegetable Oil
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup of Warm Water
- 1 ½ cups of All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup of Granulated Sugar
- 2 Tbsp of Cocoa Powder
- ¼ tsp of Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp of Baking Powder
- ¼ tsp of Salt
- 1 tsp of Vanilla Extract
- 3 Tbsp of Milk
- 1 cup of Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 Tbsp of Powder Sugar
- Mini Chocolate Chips
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, line a cupcake pan with liners and set aside.
2) In a small bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cocoa and set aside. In a large measuring cup or a mug, add the warm water and instant espresso and let it sit for a few minutes.
3) In a large bowl, cream together the eggs, sugar, vanilla, milk and vegetable oil, add the coffee and water mixture and mix everything together so that you have a smooth mixture.
4) Add the dry ingredients and mix them in just enough to combine but not over mixing.
5) Using a large ice cream scoop, divide the batter evenly in the lined cupcake pan and bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let the cupcakes cool completely.
6) To make the whipped topping, whisk the cream until soft peaks form, add the powder sugar and continue to mix until it forms stiff peaks. Top each cupcake with the whipped cream and a sprinkle of mini chocolate chips.
Report a problem