Cook time20 minutes
ServingsServes 4 to 6
- 12 oz of Trenette or Spaghetti
- 2 Medium Yukon gold or Idaho Potatoes, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 8oz of Green Beans, cut into 2” pieces
- 2 cups (packed) of Fresh Basil
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- 3 Tbsp of Pine nuts, toasted
- Squeeze of Lemon Juice
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup of Olive Oil
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup of Freshly Grated Parm
1) Fill a large pot with water, add a generous pinch of salt and bring to a boil, once boiling, add the green beans and potatoes and cook for 5 minutes, then add the spaghetti and cook 2 minutes shy of package instructions, meanwhile, make the pesto.
2) In a food processor, add the pasil, pine nuts, garlic, lemon juice and salt, pulse until it starts to break down, then with the motor running, drizzle in the olive oil and blend until the mixture comes together, pour into a bowl and stir in the parm, set aside.
3) Right before straining the pasta mixture, reserve 1/2 cup of the starchy cooking water then drain, place back in the hot pot and toss with the pesto and starchy water until well combined, drizzle with a bit more olive oil and fresh grating of parm and dig in!
Report a problem