Cook time1 hours 10 minutes
- 2 lb of Ground Turkey
- 2 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 1 Large Onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 Large or 2 Medium Carrots
- 2 Stalks of Celery, roughly chopped
- 6 oz of Button Mushrooms, halved
- 3 Cloves of Garlic, peeled
- 2 tsp of Italian Seasoning
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup of Panko Breadcrumbs
- Few Dashes of Worcestershire Sauce
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup of Ketchup
- 2 Tbsp of Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp of Ground Mustard
- A couple Dashes of Worcesteshire Sauce
1) Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with some aluminum foil, set aside. In a food processor, add the onions, celery, carrots, mushrooms and garlic and pulse until it becomes a puree.
2) In a skillet over medium heat, add the oil, allow it to preheat a bit then add the veggie paste with a touch of salt and cook for about 10 minutes, stir in the Italian seasoning then remove to a plate and allow to cool a bit.
3) In a large bowl, add the ground turkey, cooked veggie mixture, panko, eggs, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper, mix to incorporate well, then add the mixture to your prepared baking sheet and form into a meatloaf.
4) In a small bowl, add all of the ingredients for the topping, smear half of it all over the top of the turkey, pop it in the oven to bake for 30 minutes, then add the rest of the sauce and allow it to finish baking for an additional 30 minutes.
5) Allow the meatloaf to rest for a bit before serving.
Report a problem