Cook time minutes
- 1 Ĺ lbs of Ground Turkey
- 1 Medium Onion, chopped
- 2 Medium Carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- Ĺ cup of Red Wine
- 2 Tbsp of Tomato Paste
- 2 cups of Beef Stock
- 1 Tbsp of Fresh Thyme, minced
- 1 Tbsp of Fresh Rosemary, Minced
- 2 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- Few Leaves of Fresh Basil
- 1 lb of Whole Wheat Penne
- Freshly Grated Parmiggiano Reggiano
1) In a large pan over medium high heat, add the oil and let it heat up. Add the turkey and break it up as it cookes about half way through. Add the onion, carrots and garlic and season with salt and pepper, cook for about 5 to 7 minutes or until the veggies start to cook down and develop some color as well as the meat.
2) Add the tomato paste and cook stirring for about 30 seconds, add the chopped herbs along with the wine and let it cook for 1 minute.
3) Add the beef stock and let the mixture come to a boil, reduce the heat to medium low and cook it for 35 to 45 minutes or until the mixture has thickened and itís a deep reddish brown color.
4) Before your turkey raguí is fully ready, cook up your pasta according to the package instructions and drain it well.
5) Add some fresh basil to the sauce along with the drained pasta, stir well and grate in a good amount of parmiggiano.
Serve right away!
Report a problem