Cook time minutes
Servingsmakes about 4 quarts
- Leftovers from a Large Turkey, bones and all
- A few Sprigs of Rosemary
- A few Sprigs of Fresh Thyme
- 1 Bunch of Fresh Parsley
- 2 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 2 Onions, Quartered
- 3 Large Carrots, cut into large chunks
- 4 Stalks of Celery, cut into large Chunks
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1 Tbsp of Black Pepper Corns
- 16 cups of Water
1) In a large pot (one big enough to hold al of your ingredients) over medium high heat, add the oil and let it get hot, add the veggies and cook them for a few minutes or until the begin to develop some color.
2) Add the turkey carcass and all of the remaining ingredients, bring the mixture to a boil, reduce the heat to low and let it simmer for about 1-½ hours.
3) Allow the stock to cool completely, strain through a fine sieve, discard of all the solids and pour the liquid into containers with a tight fitting lid.
4) Store in the fridge for up to a week or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Report a problem