Cook time minutes
- 2 15oz cans of Cannelini Beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 Large Onion, diced
- 4 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive oil
- 1 Tbsp of fresh Thyme Leaves
- 3 ˝ cups of Chicken Stock
- 2 Tbsp of Heavy Cream
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 6 oz of Pancetta, diced
- 6 Fresh Sage Leaves, chopped
- Fresh Baguette slices
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Freshly grated Parmiggiano Reggiano
1) In a large pot over medium heat, sauté the onions and garlic with 1 tbsp of olive oil, season with salt and pepper and let it cook for about 7 to 8 minutes or until translucent and slightly golden.
2) Add the fresh thyme and the beans, give them a stir to combine with the onions and add the stock. Bring to a boil and let it cook for about 10 minutes.
3) Meanwhile cook the pancetta and sage in a small sauté pan until they are nice and crispy. Drain on a paper towel lined plate and set aside.
4 ) Meanwhile place the baguette slices on a baking sheet and drizzle them with a bit of olive oil, bake them at 400 deegrees for about 10 minutes, then top them with some freshly grated parmiggiano and put them back in the oven for 4 to 5 more minutes.
5) Add the heavy cream and stir, using an emergent blender, puree the soup until desired consistency, adjust the seasoning to taste and ladle in a soup bowl. Top with some of the crispy pancetta and sage and serve the parmesan crostini along side.
Report a problem