Cook time10 minutes
- 6 oz of Spaghetti
- 2 oz of Guanciale, diced
- 2 Egg Yolks
- 1/2 cup of Grated Parm (packed) or 1/4 cup of Pecorino and 1/4 cup of Parm
- Salt and Pepper to taste
1) Fill a large pot with water, bring to a boil, add a generous pinch of salt and cook al dente, meanwhile, prep the rest.
2) In a skillet (one big enough to hold everything together) add the guanciale, cook starting it in a cold pan over medium heat until it crisps around the edges, then add a ladleful of the starchy water (about 1/4 cup) let it reduce by half and remove completely off the burner.
3) In a small bowl, whisk together the egg yolks with the cheese, freshly ground black pepper and slowly add about 1/4 cup of the starchy water (whisking constantly so it wont scramble the eggs) then once the pasta is ready, drain and add it to the cooled skillet with the guanciale along with the egg yolk mixture and stir constantly to coat the pasta.
4) Serve right away with extra pepper and cheese on top!
Report a problem