Cook time20 minutes
- 1 lb of Large Head-on Shrimp, peeled and deveined but head left on, take a few and remove the heads and chop them up
- 3 Tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, smashed and peeled
- Handful of Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup of Unsalted Raw Shelled Pistachios
- 8oz of Linguine
- Fresh Chopped Parsley and Basil
- Salt, to taste
1) Fill a large pot with water, bring to a boil and add a generous pinch of salt.
2) In a wide mouth jar, add the pistachios, 1/4 cup of water and a small drizzle of oil and a pinch of salt and using a handheld immersion blender blend until nice and creamy, set aside. At this point, add the pasta to the boiling water and cook al dente while you make the sauce.
3) In a large skillet, large enough to hold everything in, add the oil and garlic, saute over medium heat until fragrant add the chopped shrimp, and whole shrimp, saute until pink, then add the tomatoes, cook all together for a minute, then add about 2/3 cup of the starchy cooking water, a small pinch of salt and let everything cook gently and press on the heads of the shrimp to release the flavor and cook gently to finish the sauce.
4) When the pasta is about cooked, remove the big shrimp to a plate just for a minute then add the cooked pasta in the sauce along with the pistachio cream, cook all together for a minute and then add the shrimp back in with some parsley and basil and dig in!
Report a problem