Cook time20 minutes
- 2 1/4 cups of Flour
- 1/3 cup of Sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- ¼ tsp Baking Soda
- ½ tsp Salt
- 8 Tbsp Cold Unsalted Butter
- ½ cup Heavy Cream
- 1 Vanilla Pod, seeds scraped
- 1 Egg
- Egg wash (one egg beaten with 1 tbsp of water)
- Coarse Sugar
1) Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2) In a small jug or cup, add the heavy cream and vanilla seeds, let them sit for about 5 minutes.
3) In the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, add the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt, mix just to combine.
4) Add the cold butter and mix it just until the butter has broken up a bit and distributed evenly throughout the dry ingredients.
5) In a small bowl, whisk together the egg and vanilla cream mixture. Add it to the dry mixture and mix until the dough comes together.
6) Dump it on a lightly floured board and shape into a circle or a rectangle that’s about 3/4 inch thick. Cut the scones into desired shape and place them on the parchment lined baking sheet.
7) Brush them with egg wash and sprinkle all over the top with the raw sugar.
8) Bake for 17 to 18 minutes or until golden brown
Report a problem