Cook time10 minutes
- 2 ½ cups of Whole Milk
- 1/3 cup of Sugar (or more if you like yours sweeter)
- 3 ½ Tbsp of Corn starch
- 1 Tbsp of Vanilla Paste
- 3 Egg Yolks
- Pinch of Salt
1) Scald the milk in a large saucepan.
2) In a large bowl, using a hand held whisk, whisk together the egg yolks, sugar, salt, corn starch and vanilla paste until thick and pale.
3) Pour about 1 cup of the hot milk into the yolk mixture and continue to mix until smooth.
4) Pour the egg mixture in the saucepan with the remaining milk, cook the mixture over medium low heat for about 7 to 8 minutes or until it has really thickened.
5) Turn the heat off, add the butter and stir it in.
6) To insure a really smooth pudding, pass it through a sieve into a large bowl.
7) Cover the top with plastic wrap, making sure the plastic is touching the custard and refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours.
Report a problem