Cook time1 hours 0 minutes
For the filling:
- 32 oz of Whole Milk Ricotta
- 1/4 cup of Chopped Fresh Parsley
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 cup of Freshly Grated Parmiggiano Reggiano (Parmesan Cheese)
- 2 cups of Chopped Leftover Grilled Vegetables
- Salt and Pepper, to tasteFor the sauce:
- 2 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 1 Small Yellow Onion, finely chopped
- 3 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- 1 32oz can of Italian Crushed Tomatoes
- 1/2 cup of Prepared Basil Pesto
- Salt and Pepper, to tasteAdditional Ingredients:
- 1 lb of Lasagna Noodles
- 2 cups of Shredded Mozzarella
- 1/2 cup of Freshly Grated Parmiggiano
1) Bring a large pot of salted water up to a boil.
2) In a large skillet with high sides, add the olive oil and preheat over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic, season them with a pinch of salt and saute them for about 4 to 5 minutes or until they start to develop some color and are cooked down quite a bit.
3) Add the crushed tomatoes, season with salt and pepper to taste and simmer on medium-low for about 15 minutes, stir in the pesto and remove from the heat.
4) In a large bowl, mix together all the ingredients for the filling and set aside. At this point, cook the lasagna noodles.
5) Boil the lasagna noodles for about 4 minutes or until soft and pliable. Drain and rinse under cold water to stop them from cooking any further. Drain them really well and toss them with about a tablespoon of olive oil to stop them from all sticking together.
6) When you’re ready to start assembling, ladle a little sauce in the bottom of a baking dish.
7) Lay a lasagna noodle on your work surface, add a healthy spoonful of the mixture at one end and roll it up like a cigar, place it seam side down in your baking dish and repeat with the remaining noodles and filling.
8) Cover the lasagna rolls with the sauce and sprinkle over the mozzarella and parmiggiano and bake for about 25 to 30 minutes or until the top is golden brown and bubbly. Allow to cool for about 10 minutes before serving.
Report a problem