Cook time45 minutes
ServingsServes 4 to 6
For the rice:
- 1 Cup of Arborio Rice
- 3 Tbsp of Unsalted Butter
- 2 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 3 Shallots, minced
- 3 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup of Dry White Wine
- About 6 cups of Chicken or Veggie Stock
- 1/2 cup of Freshly Grated Parm
- Salt, to taste
- Zest of 1/2 Lemon
- Small Handful of Fresh Mint, minced
- 1 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 1 Zucchini, diced
- 1 Small Bunch of Asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1.5" pieces
- 1/4 cup of Fresh (or Frozen) Peas
- Handful of Fresh Baby Spinach, washed, dried and chopped
- Salt, to taste
1) Get the stock in a saucepan and gently bring to a simmer, keep it on a low simmer while you start the risotto.
2) In a shallow Dutch oven or large skillet, add one tablespoon of butter and olive oil, bring to temperature over medium heat, then add the shallots and a pinch of salt and saute until soft and translucent, about 3 to 5 minutes, add the garlic and cook one more minute.
3) Add the rice, cook with the shallots for about a minute, then add the wine, cook until reduced, once reduced, start adding one ladleful of stock at a time and let it cook out, continue this process for about 22 to 25 minutes or until the rice is al dente, meanwhile, cook the veggies.
4) In a large skillet, add the olive oil, bring to temp over medium high heat, add the zucchini and asparagus along with a pinch of salt, saute until they begin to develop just a bit of color but avoid overcooking, max cooking time is about 5 minutes.
5) Once the rice is ready, stir in the cooked veggies, peas and spinach, season with salt, add one last ladleful of stock, the butter and cheese, cover with a lid and leave it for 5 minutes.
6) After 5 minutes, remove the lid, add the mint and lemon zest, stir and dig in right away!
Report a problem