Cook time3 hours 0 minutes
ServingsServes 10 or more, depending on serving size
- 1 7lb Fully Cooked Ham
- 2 cups of Pomegranate Juice
- 1/2 cup of Brown Sugar
- 3 Tbsp of Dijon Mustard
- 1 Tbsp of Coarse Mustard
- Black Pepper
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Either line a large deep baking pan with aluminum foil or just use a disposable tin foil baking dish (easier cleanup) and set it aside.
2) Rinse the ham in cold water a few times to get rid of some of the saltiness.
3) Pat dry really well and place it in the baking pan, round side down.
4) Cover the whole thing with aluminum foil and bake i for 1-1/2 hours.
5) Remove the ham from the oven, uncover and flip it around so the round side is facing forward,
6) In a small skillet, add the sugar and pomegranate juice and cook over medium low heat until the mixture has thickened and reduced by about half. Allow it to cool, then stir in the mustard and black pepper and set aside.
7) Pour the glaze directly over the ham and smear it around the top a bit so its covering the top pretty well. Place it back in the oven for 1 more hour making sure to baste it every fifteen minutes.
8) Allow to cool for about 10 minutes before serving.
Report a problem