Cook time1 hours 0 minutes
- 3 Tbsp of Olive Oil, plus more later
- 1 Yellow Onion, diced
- 2 Carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 Stalks of Celery, diced
- 2 cups of Diced Butternut Squash
- 3 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- 1 14.5 oz can of Cannellini Beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 cups of Shredded Savoy Cabbage
- 3 cups of Kale, chopped
- 28 oz can of Crushed Tomatoes
- 3” Rind of Parmigiano Reggiano
- 8 cups of Vegetable Stock
- 4 cups of Stale Italian Bread, crust removed and chopped into 1” pieces
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
1) In a large soup pot preheated over medium heat, add the olive oil, allow it to heat up just a bit and add the onions, carrots, celery and butternut squash. Season lightly with salt and pepper and saute for about 10 minutes or until they develop some color and cook down a bit.
2) Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute, add the tomatoes, beans and stock along with the parmesan rind, bring to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes.
3) Add the kale and cabbage and simmer for an additional 20 minutes.
4) Check the soup for seasoning, adjust to taste and add the bread. Gently stir it in and simmer for 10 minutes.
5) Serve with a generous sprinkling of parmigiano reggiano over top and enjoy!
Report a problem