Cook time20 minutes
- 6.5 cups of All Purpose Flour
- 1 Tbsp of Active Dry Yeast
- 1/2 cup of Granulated Sugar
- 2 tsp of Salt
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Stick (1/2 cup) of Unsalted Butter
- 1 cup of Warm Water, about 115 degrees F
- 1 cup of Milk
- 3 Tbsp of Butter Melted with 1 Tbsp of Honey
1) In a small bowl, add the water, one teaspoon of sugar and the yeast, stir and set aside for about 5 to 10 minutes or until foamy and activated.
2) In a bowl (or glass measuring cup) add the milk and butter and pop it in the microwave for about a minute or until the butter is mostly melted, set aside.
3) In the bowl of a standing mixer, add the four, sugar and salt, stir with a wooden spoon and set aside.
4) Once the yeast is ready, add the yeast mixture, eggs, milk and butter mixture and knead with a dough hook attachment for a few minutes.
5) Place the dough in an oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap and pop it in the fridge overnight or for 12 hours.
6) Take the dough out of the fridge and place it somewhere warm for 2 hours. Dump the dough on a very lightly floured surface, divide the dough into 36 pieces (weigh the dough, you want each piece to be 1.5 oz a piece) place them on a parchment paper lined sheet pan, loosely cover with a lint free towel and allow to rest and rise in a warm spot for an hour.
7) Preheat your oven to 350 degrees, bake the rolls for about 20 minutes or until beautifully golden brown.
8) Brush the top with the melted honey butter, allow to rest and cool for about 10 minutes then pull apart and serve.
NOTE: If the dough looks really wet and it's just not coming together properly, slowly add in another 1/2 cup or so of flour until the dough comes together.
Report a problem